Friday, April 1, 2011

D.R.E.S.S and no where to go

Sorry, no I am not dead, but could have. In the last three weeks, I have been in an ambulance, ER, and the hospitals, in bed, sun burnt and yes nearly dead.  There is one percent of the people who take a certain drug called Allpinoral that have an adverse effect on there. Ta Da,. drum roll, yes, me, moi, mui, the lucky one. I am waiting to see if I make the 10 percent who died from the one percent.
I started out with chill and fever for the first few days. Notice a rash, on the third day. Went to the doctor, he gave me an anti itch pill. I think it compounded it. That night, the rash, itch, burn and fever got worst. Although I stopped taking the drug, the effect keep moving forward. After two weeks, with 95 percent of my body covered in a bad sun burned rash, fever, and intense itch, I was told to go see a Dermatologist. Due to his persistence, Dana got me the appointment. We walked in, the doctor took one look at me and said "get her out of here, get her out of here NOW," they called the ambulance, to ER, and the rest is a blurred. I honestly was too sick to care when they put in needles, drew blood, and give me lots of shots ( I am petrified of needle). The kids were gone on road trips for rugby. I was told I have D.R.E.S. S or if I am lucky, I would have gotten Steven Johnson syndrome, but not, I am luckier, I got dress with no where to go.
I am home, most of the time spent in bed. If I can have one hour up and about, it is a great day. Yes, the swelling and burning have gone down, the fever comes and goes, the itch and burnt is limited to my back, chest and butt cheeks most of the time. Dana keeps close attention on my medication to try to control the burned and itch. Good man. Most of the time, I am too tired to even watch TV. That is really sad. McKay keeps telling me with this incorrigible smile of his that it is not my time yet. I think God thinks that I am too stiff neck, obnoxious, and wicked to want me around, even though I am OK with it.
Naivasha suggested that I start buying lottery tickets. Smart girl.

3 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Get better soon, Shirley!! So sorry to hear about your medical event. Glad Mckay is telling you it isn't your time and watching over you.

Connie Burrows said...

So sorry about all that has happened. Rest, rest, rest and get better.

didi said...

I love you, one phone call and I'm there xoxo