Friday, February 25, 2011

The doctor said

I got a call last evening from the doctors office saying they need to see me. They got my blood work back from the lab. I went this morning. For the first time, my cholesterol is high at 210 and my Uric Acid is too high. My test showed that I am obese at 5 foot three and 175 pounds. I said to him, do I look obese to you? He said no, no one would. He then said, I don't know how to say this without insulting or offending you. You are very well proportion, and you are build like a line backer. There you have it. I am build like a line backer. Nothing new. Thirty years ago, when I was a student at BYU Hawaii, while playing tennis in my short tennis outfit, thinking I was looking great. Two guys walked by and pointed to my calves and said "wow, look at those calves, they are like linebackers."  Needless to say, I have avoided wearing shorts or showing my legs again. I think it is God's way in keeping me from wearing short skirts and shorts.
The doctor said, " if you were to sit next to someone who has your weight and height, it would be like sitting next to a pear." He told me because I do work out regularly, my physical appearance is Missleading. He prescripts medicine for my gout and told me that I should lose 10 months, and to increase my cardio in my workout. It would be easier on my gout and feet. I am to go back in a month. I came home, promptly ate a bowl rice with hot dogs for my breakfast. Now if you will excuse me, I need to get my backside downstairs and hit the gym.

3 comments:

Leslee said...

I just got all caught up on your blog Shirley. It sounds like you guys are having fun with these boys at your house. I like your posts about cooking as well. We miss coming to visit you guys and eating your delicious meals!

Jacki's travels said...

I am sorry to hear about the distressing Dr. appt.!

Connie Burrows said...

Good luck. Ask Jacki to give you a menu for your gout problems. The hard part is sticking with it. But you can do it.