Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mckay day

We fed a bunch of boys for breakfast this morning of sausages and french toasts. They were going to go out, but a couple of them did not want to spend the money. It is decided that it is cheaper to eat at our house.

Today is a McKay day. His best friend from Kindergarten is coming home tonight from his mission in Serbia. We are happy that Marc is coming home. However, it brings pain like pouring hot boiling oil on our spirits.
 I miss McKay filling the house with his piano playing and singing, I miss his smile, I miss him hanging out with us at the dining table, I miss dancing with him, I miss him giving me a hard time, I miss watching him hang out with his brother and/or sister, I miss him walking in the door and said, "Mommy where are you? I am home, Mommy how was your day? What did you do today (he wanted details)," I miss him wanting to know what is for dinner, I miss his kindness to those around him, I miss his smile, his voice, I miss him bringing friends to our house, I miss his intelligent around me, I miss everything about my McKay.

It is a good thing Ashton had the day off from school. He ended up crying with his mother. The other boys feel bad, but do not know what to do with us. The boys decided to go to Burgess park to practice rugby. Ashton insisted that his mommy comes along. He would not let me stay home alone. Smart and sensitive son. It was a nice thing. I was able to sit on a lawn chair - enjoying the sunshine and watching the boys throwing around rugby balls.

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

This brought tears to my eyes - I am glad Ashton was there to comfort you.