Thursday, March 3, 2011

Rugby in St. George

The girls team got beaten royally, but had a great time. Naivasha was chosen by the other team as woman player of the match.
For the games, we were in charge of lunches for 75 people. We made 60 pounds of pull pork and had pull pork sandwiches. We had potato chips, oranges and drinks for the lunch. No one got sick. We had cooked the pork at home, and heated the food at the Buehner's home (who live about 3 minutes away from the field). We were going to warm the meat up at the grandparents - who live 30 minutes away. We stayed there the kids stayed with their teams.
 The U19 team won all their games. Lone Peak got beaten by Low Land and Snow Canyon. During one of the U19 games, I thought I saw Ashton ran pass me during a game. (It was Danny another player, I could have sworn it was Ashton) I called out (loudly) Run Ashton, run, run Ashton run. I turned to Dana and asked, why is he not wearing his scrum cap? He said, looking at me, as if I was out of my mind, and point to Ashton who is standing at the side line. All his friends and the sideline teammates were looking at me and laughing, because everyone knew Ashton was standing there, except for his mother, who was cheering him on, on the top of her lungs. The team on the field were looking around to see where Ashton was in the field.


Ashton and Jordan

Shanda and Brandon

I took the kids to see "I am number 4." I like it, except for the love story in the the movie. It is pretty dumb. Everything else was good, even the pop corn. After that we came back to the house to hang out. Dana had cook up some sausages for dinner. The boys were happy

3 comments:

Connie Burrows said...

We did not know that Vasha was going to be playing. Go Vasha. Sorry we missed the Saturday games.

vasha said...

hey mum i was player of the match not of the year hahaha i wish though!!! hahah love you :)

Jacki's travels said...

Congratulations, Vasha. It sounds like it was a fun tournament and the food sounded wonderful. You sound like an excellent Mom fan, Shirley.